Sunday, July 30, 2006

We Are Family

I used to be an angry young man, but our American and world family is falling apart - becoming dysfunctional. When I see the urgency of the crisis, I grow up quick and learn the necessity of doing something to hold it together. I learn that I have to talk to and negotiate with my brother or sister - even if they don't want to talk to me. I will love and stick by them unconditionally. I will forgive them, even if they make a mistake and do something that harms themselves and others in the family, like picking a fight, or voting against their own best interest, even if it takes years to clean up the mess.

Our father that doesn't want us to fight, and we have to recognize that he loves all his children equally. The same goes for our Father in heaven. "Jesus loves all his children." It isn't that "Jesus loves me, but he can't stand you," or "Jesus loves all his children, but he'll annihilate some." I love everyone in my family, because I am a liberal. Jesus was a liberal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!